Monday, April 2, 2012

Welcome!

Hi!

My name is Rachelle and I am an aspiring graphic designer. You will see this blog morph over the next few weeks as I have time to improve and personalize it, thanks to learning how to tweak code thanks to April Durham of April Showers Design Studio and The Blog Design Network back in January. However, first and foremost I am a Ph.D. student in Marine Microbiology. I am married to my wonderful high school sweetheart. We have been together for seven years, friends for twelve, and married for three. I am the proud "fur-mommy" to two adorable Boston Terriers: Zoey and Bear, whose antics are sure to make it to a blog post from time to time. I started a blog a couple of years ago, but didn't put enough time and effort into it and let it fall by the wayside. However, this time around I am fully intending to make a better attempt at this blogging "stuff", because I have been a blog follower and reader for several years and I know I have just as many opinions, ideas, and talents as other bloggers, so I can have a blog too!
This blog and eventually my graphic design business will be named Fleur De Lis Creative, because I am at heart a southern girl and have taken the fleur de lis to heart as a personal symbol, not because of the "rebuilding NOLA" crusade or anything, but because it is beautiful, memorable, and generally brings to mind New Orleans and the (Old/Romantic) South. This is particularly relevant to me personally, because I was married in New Orleans and my bridal shower was themed around that and the fleur de lis. It doesn't hurt that I have always been a Saints fan either. I hope to use this blog as an outlet for product and book reviews, blog and wordpress tutorials, tips,tricks, and designs, and an outlet for my varied opinions, ideas, and thoughts. Please feel free to contact me via email, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter with questions, comments, blog help, product reviews, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment