Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grad. School Update


Hey Guys,

  I thought I should let you know the reason behind my month long absence from the blog. I have been really working really hard for the past month to get my dissertation prospectus approved and get my paperwork approved, signed, and submitted to attempt to graduate in May 2013. Last thursday, I had my prospectus meeting with my committee members. They approved my prospectus although they had some comments about things that need to be changed for my dissertation. On friday, I took my paperwork to the main campus for the November 5 at 5p.m. deadline for May graduation materials and celebrate with my husband at my favorite Mexican restaurant, which we no longer have near us thanks to Hurricane Katrina. So now that my prospectus is approved, I have to really work hard to make great progress on my research (and finish it), take and pass comprehensive exams (oral and written), write my dissertation, and give my dissertation defense. To graduate in May, all of that has to be completed by March 18, so I'm shooting for sometime next year, not necessarily May. Although, I would absolutely LOVE to know I am graduating in May by my birthday - the end of March. We shall see how quickly I can check off my list of deadlines. What huge obstacles have you overcome lately? What plans do you have (already) for 2013?

--Chelle 

1 comment:


  1. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started tonight. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you.

    ReplyDelete